The results of our big national discussion are available! Claiming Our Future Ideas “Reducing Income Inequality”, a creative and participative event took place in Galway on May 28th. You can download the ‘Consensors Report’ here. You can download the Agenda here.
If you would like to get more information about income inequality, which is behind the rich/poor divide, poverty traps, tax injustice, and many other in inequalities in our society - and also why it is such a matter of urgency that we focussed on it for our big event in Galway, check out our ‘Get Informed’ section here.
To see why people went to Galway on May 28th, have a look at the new videos in our Media section. To keep up-to-date with the latest happenings at Claiming Our Future, you can follow us on facebook, on twitter, and also sign up to our mailing list here.
Our 5 Values
• Equality for all
• Environmental sustainability
• Accountability from those in power
• Participation by people in decision making that impacts on them
• Solidarity between all sectors of society
Our 6 Priorities
• A sustainable alternative to our boom-and-bust
• A more equal society
• Change in the way we govern ourselves
• Decent and sustainable jobs
• Radical reform of the banking system
• Reform of our public services
For more information on what took place on Oct 30th in the RDS you can check out the media coverage and interviews done on the day in our Media Archive section.